Thursday, September 2, 2010

Update....


I don't blog much anymore. I don't read many blogs anymore. It's not that I don't want to. I don't have much to say - and I don't read others because to be honest, I am sort of jealous of everyone achieving their weight loss goals.
Please don't get me wrong...I am so thankful for this amazing miracle. It hasn't sunk in all the way yet - and so sometimes I struggle to read about people getting smaller, when I am in fact getting a little bit bigger every day.

On August 8th, my friend Deana commented that the jeans I was wearing were too big and I needed to be all done with them. On August 31, I had to unbutton those same jeans just to eat dinner. You know those first few month of being pregnant, when you feel kind of bloated and gross. You know you are getting bigger - but no one can tell you are pregnant yet? It's such a not cute stage. That's where I am at right now. I have to remind myself often, that I am growing a person, not getting fatter.

I am an emotional wreck. My poor family. I cry ALL THE TIME. On Sunday, I was crying because I didn't know which brand of ranch salad dressing I should choose. Thank God the store was practically empty! I didn't cry like this when I was pregnant with Isaac... (reason #1 that I think I am having a girl...) Here's what I do know for sure:

It's hard to be an emotional eater, when you are always emotional.

So frustrating! Pregnant or not pregnant - I believe this is true. The thing I need to remind myself is that I am actually still in charge. I might not be able to control what's growing inside of me - but I can control what I feed it. Today, I am going to try to take back my control.

I need prayer. I need support. I need a latte. Anyone else thrilled that Starbucks has brought back their Pumpkin Spice Latte??? Baby and I are!!!

1 comment:

  1. Jetta you are an amazing woman and I envy your dedication!.I wish we lived closer so we could hang because we have so much in common..prob the reason why we were such good friends so so many years ago!!.stay strong!.You lost all your weight once you will be able to do it again and this time you will lose it even faster because you know the right way to do it!!..I felt the same way every day I was preggo.You know I always struggled with my weight so being pg was very hard for me.I was able to lose the baby weight and then some with both kids because I knew the right way to do it!..You are amazing and strong and I am so so so happy and excited for you and your family!!

    ReplyDelete