Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Once upon a time...


I had this friend. I had waited for this friend all my life. When I was little, I used to pray for a best friend like the friends you read about it books. Friends that can finish each others sentences, know exactly what you are thinking, tell you everything. I think we all know the kind of friend I am talking about...

In 2002, God answered my prayer and brought me my friend. It was perfect timing! I was pregnant with Isaac, she was almost done being pregnant with her first as well. We grew close quickly.

When my labor started she was the only person (besides the midwife) that we called.

When we found out about our daughter being available to adopt, she was the only person I called (besides Chad.)

When my son has a seizure on my living room floor, she was who we called.

My friend and I spent years together. Our kids became great friends. We laughed together, cried together, we did just about everything together.

There truly aren't enough adjectives to describe the great things about my friend. So many things that I admired. Still do.

As it sometimes goes, the season of our friendship came to an end. There is no one to blame. I have no hard feelings. The memories I have with her are sacred. I will never speak with anything but love for her. How could I? I had prayed for her. She was Gods provision to me in some miraculous times, some scary times and some plain old boring times.

I am not certain she knows the spot in my heart that she holds. I miss her - but I am confident in the paths we are both taking. I hope she knows that I wish only amazing things for her and her kids. I hope she knows that I know God will use her. There are so many things that I hope she knows - but mostly, I hope she knows...

I will never forget.

2 comments:

  1. So precious. I've heard it said that some friendships are for reasons and others for seasons. Sounds like this one was both. Thanks for sharing. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I have followed you for a while and I wanted to drop in and say how much I love your blog! As soemone looking for inspiration and motivation to stay on my own weighloss journey I wanted to thank you for providing me with some of both!

    I have an award for you on my blog at: http://bridgetownbabymomma.blogspot.com

    Hope you are having a great weekend!

    - Jenn aka Bridgetown Baby Momma

    ReplyDelete