Thursday, June 3, 2010

I love my...


Counselor! I love her! Seriously...she gets me! I understand... she gets paid lots of money to appear as though she gets everyone...but really, I think she genuinely understands. I LOVE that she is a strong, healthy woman, who has kids, has a hubby, loves God. I love that she spends time working with other women who are struggling with food and weight and exercise. I love that she has raised her kids and knows how hard it is to raise mine.

I have been seeing Gina for several months now. In the beginning, the diagnosis was grave and heavy. It scared me and made me tired. We have had some big sessions the last few times and I (we) feel like I have made some amazing progress. My BFF even noticed how happy I am when I leave one of my appointments.

It is so refreshing to have someone to talk to. Don't get me wrong... I have AMAZING friends, but there is something about the absolute safety of talking to someone who isn't going to come hang out with your family over the weekend. I am grateful for the opportunity to talk to her. I am grateful that I have fabulous insurance that helps me be able to afford to talk to her.

Tomorrow, I am seeing my doctor - the one who referred me to Gina. I am excited for her to see the changes I have made - the ways I have grown. I think she will be thrilled.


I feel happy.


I feel healthy.


I LOVE THIS!


I haven't felt all of those things at once since...well - maybe never. My mood matches the sunshine we are finally seeing in Seattle.

My family and I are going on our first camping trip of the season to Lake Chelan. I have such great memories of Chelan. I hope you all have a great weekend...See you Monday!

1 comment:

  1. I loved reading this post......I can feel your relief and the peace that has invaded your life. Way to go Jetta!

    ReplyDelete