Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Excited!

This is a picture of my lunch these days. Come to think of it - this could also be a picture of my dinners as well. There's not a lot of variety in my food right now. While the meal in general looks yummy - when this is what you HAVE to eat, it's the last thing you WANT to eat. I know you guys know what I mean.

Even though my food doesn't excite me... here's what does:

I am just inches away from being a size 8. I have NEVER in my entire life been a size 8.

I am just weeks away from accomplishing my goal.

I feel AWESOME! I feel healthy and athletic.

My attitude is positive - which is more than I can say about where I was at this time last month.

I feel generally excited to start each day - to plug away at my goal. I am excited to see what I can can accomplish.

So you see... I am okay with food that doesn't excite me. That's not really it's intended purpose anyway. I can see that I am starting to remove the emphasis from food, and beginning to put it where it belongs. On my family, my friend, myself and my God.

5 comments:

  1. Amen. I love it, I totally know what you mean. That looks just like what I've been eating for the last 2 months as well. But it has paid off, in the last 60 days I have lost 14 lbs! That puts me back into a size 8 and I can finally fit all my clothes again. So while I still would like to lose a few more pounds, for the 1st time in my life I am focusing on being healthy and toning my body. You will be there soon and it will be worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great realization!
    I bought the greek yogurt and my hubby is hooked! Well Done girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you don't want to eat this, how are you planning to keep the weight off when you are "done" with your diet? Healthy eating has to be a lifestyle where nothing is off limits, you eat what you want to eat (it's more satisfying), and you listen to your body rather than your head, in my humble opinion. Glad you are feeling so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are inspiration to me! I love reading your posts! Keep up the great job you are doing and don't lose that motivation...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear anonymous,

    If I ate what my body "told me" I would eat candy all day long. Seriously. My mind is in training as much as my body is and I have to choose my food because of what nutrients and energy it gives me, not by how it makes me feel emotionally. If I spent the day eating what my body wants, I could tone all day long and see very little progress if any.
    The counselor I am seeing ill work with me to create a lifestyle I can maintain when I am at the end, but for now - calories in and calories out is how weight is lost and that is where I am at right now.

    ReplyDelete