Monday, January 11, 2010

Baby Weight







Mommies.... I think this is one of our biggest excuses. Don't get me wrong - it is definitely legit immediately following the birth of our children. I will even consider it legit until your youngest child is 2 or so. After that....it's just another excuse. I know because I have used it for 7 years!
Now bless my husbands heart... he heard, accepted and even acknowledged that excuse until a few months ago. Even while I was actively losing weight, I kept referring back to my "baby weight" excuse. There are two problems with this excuse. My husband gently pointed them out to me the last time I tried to play that card. Here they are:


#1. I didn't gain any weight when I was pregnant with my son. (Don't hate me... my body was never the same again!) and...


#2. My daughter is adopted.


Dang it!!!! You mean the fact that I didn't experience pregnancy, mid-night cravings, swollen ankles (and every other crazy thing that comes with being pregnant) means I don't get to use the "baby weight" excuse either?? What is this world coming to???

Here's what it comes down to: Moms... if you grew a person and gave birth - you are definitely strong enough to lose that baby weight for good. Let the excuse go, and show your kiddos what mommy is really made of!

6 comments:

  1. Funny- I gained a ton of baby weight. It is odd beacuse I don't have children. Either way I guess that excuse is out, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes...the excuse is out - plus any other excuse you come up with really!!! I thought of you when I posted this and I worried that you wouldn't relate. I have to be real about where I am at...so I felt it needed to be said. I hope you know... all of the excuses are interchangable - and really when it comes down to it, they are all lame!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jetta~ I am sooo proud of you girl! What an amazing journey you are on. I haven't seen you in years. This is a fun way to keep track of what's going on in your life. Look forward to seeing you achieve all that you are working hard for. I love success stories. You are an inspiration. ~Shannon Chumadevsky

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you thought of me Jetta. You know I want a child and I know you understand the struggles I have (and am) facing both with motherhood and weight- it is good to have a friend like you. I am hoping that I will get my body, mind, and spirit in the necessary condition for a child and then God will step in, in whatever manner he has planned for me.
    H

    ReplyDelete
  5. yup, I think most mommies use that at one point or another. Babies do change your body though LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, here's where my "baby weight" came from with Breckin: He wants a cookie when we go to Starbucks. I don't mind if he has some cookie but cookies at restaurants are big enough for an entire family so to save my son from eating the entire thing, I eat 75% of it so I don't end up with childhood obesity in my house. Turns out I need to learn to just say "no" to junk food outside of my home's portions. :)

    ReplyDelete