Tuesday, January 12, 2010

My new favorite picture.



This is a picture of me and my sister-in-law taken at her bachelorette party this last weekend. I consider myself an extremely modest person, but I have to say I LOVE THIS PICTURE!!! I love this picture because it is one of the first times I have actually been able to see the extreme difference in how I look. As long as I can remember, every time someone would take a picture, I would position my self behind someone, or better yet, stretch my neck out as far as it could go to avoid having 14 chins. I love this picture, because it was a relaxed, totally fun day, and for the first time in a LONG time, I didn't have to position myself, or injur my neck trying to make sure the picture wasn't hideous.

I also like this picture, because I think I look genuinely happy. Anyone can smile for a picture. I have always noticed the people I meet who have that sparkle in their eye. My dad is one of those people. I have always told him that I think his eyes smile. I can see a little of that in my eyes in this picture.



Even though this is extremely embarrassing, I am going to post a before picture so that those of you who don't know me, or see me everyday, can see why this picture has such an extreme affect on me. WARNING: The picture posted below may scare you, and is not appropriate for young children! (Just kidding... but it is scary!)














5 comments:

  1. JETTA!!! I'M SO PROUD OF YOU!!! I COMPLETELY FORGOT HOW DIFFERENT YOU LOOK!!! NO WONDER YOUR FRIEND DOOR DIDN'T RECOGNIZE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are simply beautiful!! Rock on!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are beautiful!! You do have a sparkle in your eyes! So sweet!

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok girl! I'm crying at the moment, but it's good. I haven't been back here for a bit and you've been busy. You do look amazing and I could comment on pretty much every single post. You have a great "voice" in your writings! I do feel like I could have written a few of them myself because I relate, unfortunately not to the success side of things. I'm sick of hiding and I recognize that before picture. It's not so much the difference in weight(although you do look amazing!), but the stark difference in the look on your face. I know I look like that in every picture taken of me for the past decade, and there are fewer and fewer taken. I've been focusing on some different tools to deal with recognizing and releasing past emotions that I've held on to as well as turning around distorted beliefs. I like to think I'm working it backwards from you; I hope so! Thank you for having the courage to blog the truth Jetta. I am grateful! We havn't seen each other for YEARS and here you are exactly when I needed you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here's the thing...no matter the SIZE...you still got it going on!! I hear the words you are saying however, it's that stuff on the INSIDE that really makes the difference in how you look in the photos. You can't hide what you feel inside, it always comes out. Looking good little lady!!

    ReplyDelete