Friday, January 22, 2010

I am...


I have had an image in my head for a few days now. The image is of a child, standing at a chalkboard, writing sentences over and over and over again. In the image, the sentence is "I am fearfully and wonderfully made..." I am fearfully and wonderfully made..."

In the image, the child is me.

While I was doing my run on Tuesday night, that image stayed with me. It pierces my heart because I imagine my Father God shaking his head in bewilderment at my disbelief. If I believe He is perfect, and I believe that He has made everything perfectly, then who am I to look in the mirror and not see His perfection.

I am so thankful for His grace. I am so thankful that He is patient with me and is willing to love me through this. That His ultimate plan for me includes perfect healing. I am thankful that He never saw a fat girl, He only ever saw His daughter.

While I was running, I realized that my purpose is determined and it will be finished. I AM fearfully and wonderfully made. I AM NOT a mistake and God does NOT need a do-over on me. He has brought me to this exact place, at this exact time, and He has every intention of seeing His work to completion. I am not strong enough to stop Him. I am not fast enough to out run Him. My story is a story about His strength and His grace given to me.

"I am fearfully and wonderfully made..." "I am fearfully and wonderfully made..."

2 comments: