Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Surround yourself with Cheerleaders.



This is a good rule anytime in your life. Surround yourself with the people who love you the most, but more than that, surround yourself with cheerleaders. There is a difference. A cheerleaders primary function is to cheer a team on in victory and defeat. Just because the Seahawks are losing doesn't mean the Sea Gals get to go home!
I have experienced this first hand over the last 15 months of my weight loss journey. The thing is, it is important to realize - that not everyone around you is meant to be your cheerleader. Every person you encounter has a place in your world. The sooner you realize that, and accept what they have to offer you, the better.

You will have special ones. Who they are might surprise you. Maybe you don't even know them yet, maybe they have been there every day since the beginning...

As with anything, there were plenty of times that I wanted to quit. To give up, to eat the ice cream, to skip the gym. That's where my cheerleaders came in. The people who supported me, sometimes even more than I supported myself. They believed in me... so much so, that I am convinced they actually carried me.

2 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful -- and true. I am so glad you are doing this and sharing your heart so others will find out what an amazing and wonderful woman you are. I LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree!! I need to find some cheerleaders!!!

    ReplyDelete