Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Today, I am going to wear high heels...

This might not sound like a big deal, but it is! For anyone who knows me well, I have NEVER been able to wear heels! So the deal is that my sister in law is getting married in 18 days (OMG!!!). This wedding is clearly a big deal for our family, but coincidentally, it comes near the end of my weight loss journey, so it's a big deal to me for personal reasons as well. I was already losing weight long before Shannon got engaged - so her wedding wasn't what got me started, but it is sort of cool that 91 pounds later, I get to wear a fancy dress and HEELS!

Anyway, way back in August, Shannon and I went to the bridal shop, and she showed me the dress that she was thinking of for the bridesmaids. Since I was the "biggest" girl, I had veto power - and boy did I veto!!! The dress was beautiful - Shannon has phenomenal taste, but it was strapless which of course would show off my arms - which you will learn is my least favorite part of my body. Anyway, at that point we all got to pick the dress we wanted to wear. Everyone's dress is different - all gorgeous. I ordered a size smaller to motivate me. I worked my butt off for the next 2 months, knowing perfectly well that if I didn't fit in that dress, it would cost me a small fortune to get the correct size. My hard work did pay off - and the dress fit! I was SO happy!! Seriously, what a relief.

Fast forward to now...

One of the bridesmaids is pregnant. SO EXCITING!!! The topic of switching dresses comes up. Ironic part?? She has the dress that I originally vetoed! My initial thought was "No way" - I worked hard for my dress. The more I thought about it though...maybe I did work hard enough for the strapless dress. I don't know the answer yet - I am trying the vetoed dress on today to see if it's a possibility. The end result will be a surprise, since many of you will be at the wedding, and I don't want to leak any info about Shannon's big day.

All of this to say...

I am wearing heels today!

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh, the demons. I think they come specifically in the guise of Tillamook PB Choc Ice Cream!! I look forward to learning more about your journey and accomplishments Jetta!! You are awesome and I know you are rocking those heels today! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is huge! I used to wear heels and pretty clothes everyday. Then I got heavy and I don't. How awesome for you - I have this crazy feeling that this "new" dress is going to be amazing on you.

    ReplyDelete