Monday, January 18, 2010

My Sister ROCKS!

I am so incredibly lucky! For many reasons, but today, right this second, I am so lucky because I have a sister. For anyone who is blessed with a sister - you know what I mean.

My sister is so many things that I am not. Maybe some things she doesn't even realize yet. More than that, she makes my world complete. I can't imagine my life without her. I can't imagine this journey without her.

My earlier post reflected how much I was struggling. Here is an email my sister sent me this morning in response:


"I want you to know that I saw your face yesterday while trying on the bridesmaid dress. I saw disappointment. I know I probably will never completely understand, but I want you to know what I saw when I looked at you in that dress. I saw a beautiful woman who's body has been ever changing because of your heart and your will. And your arms ARE smaller! :-) You have the wonderful pleasure of padding your bra like I've had to my entire life. You may never see what other people see when you look at yourself in the mirror. I hope that's not the case, but it may be. I think it's important to remember that it's not all about looks, it's about how you feel as well. I think you are discovering how great it is to feel strong and empowered by accomplishing a physical goal. Don't lose that feeling when you look in the mirror. I love you and am so happy I have been able to be a part of your journey. And I am so very proud of you."

I love this email because she knew exactly what to say. I never could respond to her because every time I tried, I cried a little harder.


I love you Kara...


5 comments:

  1. You are blessed.
    I wish I had a sister like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome sister you have!

    As I have been reading your posts and learning about you I don't think you realize just how strong you are. Sure, you have weak moments but the Lord is always there to build you up. But as I was reading I kept hearing your name in my head and all of a sudden I thought how can someone with a name like Jetta ever think she is anything but beautiful and uniquely created to be all that God has called her to be. How can it be that she doesn't see how lovely she is?
    You really are beautiful Jetta and even though you cant' see it yet, the day will come that you will stand in front of the mirror and see what your family and friends see in you, but most of all what God sees in you.

    God has blessed you with strength and determination. He sent you to the blogging world to inspire those who are struggling with the very thing that you are. There is victory in your story and I can't wait until the day that you post that you looked in the mirror and saw a beautiful and strong woman staring back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. O little girl! I did cry today when I read your post about Kara and Kara's email to you. I am so fortunate to have known you as long as I have, so that I can watch you now with new fascination! I love you Jetta and am blessed to have you in my life. Like I said before I'm proud of you but that's not new ;) xoxo Wanda

    ReplyDelete